Monday, January 31, 2011

A Ride on a Trailer

This entire model was built by my 5 year old daughter without any help.  The day this was built she really wanted to build a trailer to pull people around on, making use of a pulley she found in the parts bin.


It seems we were short on traditional posts to hook the tow rope to though, so she improvised with the obvious replacement of some poor guys neck.  Surprisingly this almost worked, although since he wasn't centered on the trailer, it did tend to pull to one side pretty sharply, especially if one drove it too fast.


The car itself was a bit spartan, but it seemed to have the horsepower to get the job done.


I particularly enjoyed the posing of all of the passengers.  I would imagine any trailer of that height being pulled by a rope around a guys neck is going to be a pretty wild ride.  I'm sure the steering wheel is also very important, although I have no idea what it was intended to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment