Monday, January 31, 2011

A Windmill and a Stable

The most popular builds around our house for a long time were buildings.  These would typically be either a house or a stable.  To keep it interesting I liked to experiment with different ways of building the roofs, partially inspired by the fact we were running out of slopes without dismantling the other buildings.  In this particular case I made use of the cheese slopes we filled all the holes in our first Pick-A-Brick cup with.  Not a particularly original technique I am sure, but it was my first time really making use of the piece, so I was happy with the result.


In addition to the roof, this house also has one the windmills I built.  At one point we had 5 or 6 of these around our buildings, although they seemed to fall apart quite frequently.  The base turns so it can face the wind no matter what direction it is coming from.  And of course the horses have some hay inside for their dinner.


The other thing I enjoyed about this door is the use of two headlight pieces to attach a handle, making it very easy to open the door.  You don't want your horses to be stuck inside when it's time to go out for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment